Pages

Awesome Day 19: "Let the Wild Rumpus Start!!!"

10.21.2009




So I did it! I have been waiting a VERY long time for Where the Wild Things Are to come out and I was so excited to see it! So last night I did. The boyfriend and I cooked a really yummy dinner at my apartment and then we walked to the theatre. It was so nice, I hadnt realized just how close of a walk it was. The weather was great too. I didnt think it could have gotten any better, then the movie started.












I just loved it. I cant tell you enough about it, you will have to see it for yourself. But it was amazing. Being a visual person, I just couldnt let go of the beauty that was in, I swear, every single shot. Each frame was so carefully and beautifully planned out. The colors and the textures were unreal. I loved it. It was a visual feast! And the characters! So good! Little Max was amazing, such a great little actor. And the voices of the Wild Things we so perfect. Such stars too! The story was just lovely. I was a little worried about the direction they would take turning a short, very short, children's story into a full length movie, but I loved it. I wont give anything away, just trust me and go see it. And I will admit, I cried. I mean of course I cried, Im me. But I loved every second of it and I cannot wait to see it again!



Has anyone else experienced it yet? What did you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?

par·a·chute

[par-uh-shoot] noun, verb, -chut·ed, -chut·ing.
noun
1.
a folding, umbrellalike, fabric device for allowing a person, to float down safely through the air from a great height.

“But it’s hard to stay mad when there’s so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I’m seeing it all at once and it’s too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that’s about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can’t feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.” — American Beauty