Pages

Awesome Day 14: Bittersweet Goodbyes

10.20.2009


This day was typical at first. Work. Watch Away We Go for 5th time in 3 days. Fall asleep. Wake up in the dark. But when I woke up from this nap and looked at my phone I saw 10 missed calls from my good friend Billy. When I called him back i learned that he had been roaming the streets of downtown in the dark for an hour. He was close so I took him in. It was great, we got to chat and catch up a bit more before he boarded a ship again for 7 more months. I am eternally grateful that things worked out this night and I got to spend a little more time with my friend. We shared a lot and laughed even more. He went out with some friends but came back to stay at my place. I had a blast just hangin with him like old times.





Billy coming into town was bittersweet for me. I loved seeing him and hearing about his new life. The comfort was still there as all my secrets spilled simply from my lips without hesitation. I hate to say it, but I had forgotten what an amazing friend Billy is to me. We get each other. We even have our own secret language. I sincerely love him and want the best for him. I was so sad to leave him on my couch the next morning when I went to work. To leave my friend that came in so quickly and reminded me of so many memories, so much fun and love and stress and hard work we used to go through together. He came in so quickly and left even faster. I hope he comes home again soon. I cannot go another three years with out seeing him.  I miss you YLLIB! Come home soon!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous20.10.09

    umm he is yummy.

    and i love friends like that. my best friend is like that and to have him in a different continent for two years was hell. i hope you can at least stay in touch with him.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

par·a·chute

[par-uh-shoot] noun, verb, -chut·ed, -chut·ing.
noun
1.
a folding, umbrellalike, fabric device for allowing a person, to float down safely through the air from a great height.

“But it’s hard to stay mad when there’s so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I’m seeing it all at once and it’s too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that’s about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can’t feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.” — American Beauty