Pages

Audition Awesome Day 16!!!

10.21.2009




Today was a big day for me! I went to a dance audition! I have been a dancer for a long time, but I have not really been dancing lately due to time, money, and a new city. Id say for about a year and a half now, I have been danceless. Its terrible being a dancer and not getting to dance. Its similar to when I go too long with out writing. Everything gets all jumbled up in my head and until I can get the thoughts out and on paper, I cant function correctly. Its the same with dancing for me. It is an outlet, an expression. I love it and I have missed it.

So I did it! I decided I would try out for a Hip Hop crew of sorts, through an amazing studio just over the river! I spent the night before choreographing a solo in my little apartment, and it turned out pretty good. I was a little nervous because it had been so long since I had auditioned for anything! But it went great! It felt wonderful to move and learn new steps. And it even felt good to do a little "performance" once it was time to be judged! And I tried out with the #1! Which was fun, but also meant I had to perform both the group piece and my solo first!!! But it was wonderful. And very awesome!

I am happy/proud to announce that I made it!


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous21.10.09

    congrats!! i am so excited for you lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I love it that you dance! I've been dancing since I could walk, and was just given an opportunity to choreograph for a small concert and it feels GREAT. I know exactly how you're probably feeling right now coz I also stopped dancing for a year. Im soooo happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow congrats! I'm so happy for you!
    That's awesome. I auditioned for the Radio City Rockettes last year and did not make it :/

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

par·a·chute

[par-uh-shoot] noun, verb, -chut·ed, -chut·ing.
noun
1.
a folding, umbrellalike, fabric device for allowing a person, to float down safely through the air from a great height.

“But it’s hard to stay mad when there’s so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I’m seeing it all at once and it’s too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that’s about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can’t feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.” — American Beauty