Pages

To my sweet, sweet followers...

1.20.2011

I just wanted to say just how much you all mean to me. Just knowing you are there keeps me writing. But then, all of the wonderful feedback so many of you take the time to share, that is what keeps me here pouring my heart out time and again. My blog has become the most amazing source and outlet. It has been a bit of a shoulder, a friend even. Corny, I know, but so many of you have inspired me and showed me your hearts and I feel so blessed. I read every single comment and email. From the quickest hello to the long heartfelt messages.

But most of all it is the knowledge that what I am sharing and putting out there is actually helping. Some days I get messages saying that a particular quote is just the thing they needed to get through the day. Which is usually the reason I post them too. Timing is a funny and powerful thing.

And then there are days like today when I hear a story that makes me think, awww, it really is all worth it. Today, a good friend and follower told me that after she read one of my recent posts (you all know the one, the big break up post) and she decided to send the link to her cousin. Apparently her cousin has been struggling with the decision to finally get out of a relationship that just wasn't best for her. She had a hard time because she truly and deeply cared about this boy but knew it wasn't the right thing for her. After reading my post, something clicked and gave her the confidence in her decision to end things. I don't know any more than that and while I am not happy about a relationship ending, I am thoroughly grateful that my experience was able to help some one else choose what was best for them. I have no idea what part of my writing sang to her but I am glad it did. It is stories like these that help be push that publish button after opening my heart and crying over a keyboard. Each time I wonder less about what everyone will think. I slowly stop wondering what the people I know will say and start wondering how many people I don't know will end up relating or benifiting from my small feat. The feat of sharing my life, in it's entirety, with others. With everyone.

This is why I keep writing. This is why I post the good and the bad, the inspiring and the defeating. Because somedays I am here to bring you up, and others, you are here to bring me up. I truly appreciate all of you. While I write for me, I keep writing because of you.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous20.1.11

    awww this is so sweet! and I appreciate you being so open on these post, which is something I'm still getting used to. You are blessed to be a blessing hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this postt :)
    <3

    Need support for GIVEAWAY

    will be posted at 6pm tonight.
    2 giveaway sets, each including 6 pieces including items such as; rings, bracelets, necklaces, YLS compact mirror, pendants, ear stretchers and pocket watch!

    Just enter your name, blog URL, whether you want prize set 1 or 2, and why you should win!
    Invite others to join in, get them to post your blog URL at the bottom of their entry and you gain an extra entry, limit of extras: 3.
    Giveaway Ends 1 week today, 28th Jan.

    http://foryouillriskitall.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic blog.
    I love it.
    Really, beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

par·a·chute

[par-uh-shoot] noun, verb, -chut·ed, -chut·ing.
noun
1.
a folding, umbrellalike, fabric device for allowing a person, to float down safely through the air from a great height.

“But it’s hard to stay mad when there’s so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I’m seeing it all at once and it’s too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that’s about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can’t feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.” — American Beauty