Pages

Whirlwind...

11.17.2009


Yesterday was a whirlwind. Literately. There was a massive wind storm while I was at work. Trees bent and leaves flew. My first day back to work after a couple of sick days and a weekend had officially kicked my butt. And at the end of the day I had felt as though I was standing out in the middle of the storm rather than watching it through the rain soaked window panes.

But...
When I left work and walked up to my jeep I saw a something taped securely and severely to my window.



It was a mixed CD from the boyfriend with a lovely little note. (BTW his name isnt Don, it is an inside joke we have with CDs.) It was full of hip hop (my fave) and ended with the song from the post below! Perfect! Sometimes I feel like I am the luckiest girl in the world.

You dont always have to lift yourself out of a bad day.
Sometimes, if youre lucky, some one will come along and do it for you.

5 comments:

  1. i love your banner.
    and i love homemade cds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww that so sweet of your boyfriend "don". hehehehe... =) I bet your boyfriend definitely made you smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet! sometimes it's these sweet little things that we do for the ones we love that makes all the difference. haven't been by your blog in a while, looks good, nice to be back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. i love your new banner. i am thinking of changing mine! 2. You are a VERY lucky girl.. he's an amazing guy, and it is so awesome you guys found each other. 3. it was so windy here that my windows blew open and my power went out! it was scary.. 4. i hope i get to see you this weekend when i come to Portland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautifully put! lucky lady xoox I love your blog! please check out my fashion and lifestyle blog www.andeelayne.blogspot.com . Please follow mine as I will yours! xoox

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

par·a·chute

[par-uh-shoot] noun, verb, -chut·ed, -chut·ing.
noun
1.
a folding, umbrellalike, fabric device for allowing a person, to float down safely through the air from a great height.

“But it’s hard to stay mad when there’s so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I’m seeing it all at once and it’s too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that’s about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can’t feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.” — American Beauty