Pages

Awesome Day 29: Craftin 'Stumes!

11.04.2009


Being the day before halloween, naturally it was the day to start thinking about a costume. I know, most of you had probably already bought, made and/or carefully planned out your costumes by now. But me? Well, I work better under pressure. So after work I met up with the boyfriend and we were off to buy supplies for our "stumes." We decided to be dinosaurs! We went to goodwill for hoodies and to JoAnns for everything else! Oh how I love JoAnns, the best, possibly biggest craft store in the world!

When we went home to start on them, we found that we were not the only ones still working on stuff. I had an apartment full of crafty halloweeners. I think at one point there was over 10 of us there all working away and fight over the glue guns. It was a beautiful mess! Our dinosaur stumes quickly transformed into monsters and I couldnt be more happy with the out come! I hand stitched each dot (and each dot on each dot) and all of the other wonderful little aspects of my monsta 'stume! The boyfriend gave up a little earlier and ended up hot gluing his spots. They both turned out beautifully!







Scary right?

2 comments:

Thoughts?

par·a·chute

[par-uh-shoot] noun, verb, -chut·ed, -chut·ing.
noun
1.
a folding, umbrellalike, fabric device for allowing a person, to float down safely through the air from a great height.

“But it’s hard to stay mad when there’s so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I’m seeing it all at once and it’s too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that’s about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can’t feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.” — American Beauty