Pages

This makes my heart light...

12.15.2009


"And I learned what is obvious to a child. That life is simply a collection of little lives, each lived one day at a time. That each day should be spent finding beauty in flowers and poetry and talking to animals. That a day spent with dreaming and sunsets and refreshing breezes cannot be bettered. But most of all, I learned that life is about sitting on benches next to ancient creeks with my hand on her knee and sometimes, on good days, for falling in love." 
Nicholas Sparks (from The Notebook)

5 comments:

  1. I love the notebook and I love Nicholas sparks writing. This warms my heart too. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little excerpt!
    By the by, you are so cute, Miss Lacey!
    Thanks for following.
    ;]

    <3 Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the little things that make life amazing!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO beautiful. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous16.12.09

    my favorite all time movie. great excerpt from it.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

par·a·chute

[par-uh-shoot] noun, verb, -chut·ed, -chut·ing.
noun
1.
a folding, umbrellalike, fabric device for allowing a person, to float down safely through the air from a great height.

“But it’s hard to stay mad when there’s so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I’m seeing it all at once and it’s too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that’s about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can’t feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.” — American Beauty