Pages

Dexter's Birthday!

3.07.2011





Yesterday was Puppy's first birthday. I cant believe he is already a year old! Time flies! These photos were taken the day I brought him home when he was 8 weeks old. I cant tell you how much this little guy means to me. He can truly brighten my day and bring me up when I am down. He is my cuddle buddy and the one thats always there for me. I am so happy to have him.

Dexter...
loves people. all people.
sleeps with atleast one part of him on atleast one part of me at all times.
adores anything outside.
will not come to save his life.
is one of the happiest pups I know.
will eat just about anything.
wont fetch.
can sit really really well.
is very good at leaping.
loves other dogs more than anything.
likes chewing on plastic hangers.
prefers christmas toys over regular toys.
digs in mud.
can curl up so tiny for such a big guy.
can hear a wrapper from a mile away.
gets filthy the first two minutes we enter a dog park.
is happy all the time.
tries to get to the people in a drive through, every time.
highly enjoys playing tug.
cant run on a leash with out having the leash in his mouth.
is my best bud:)

We spent the day yesterday snuggling on the couch for the morning. I felt i deserved some good down time and cuddles purely for the fact that i have kept him alive this long. Then we went out to one of the bigger dog parks and spent a good amount of time playing with TONS of other pups. Dexter repaid me by playing in a massive mud puddle. Like digging and jumping and trying to eat the splashes. Then he just laid in it. Awesome. At least he had a good time. All in all it was a great day. I just love him so much. And Im so glad that he is my pup.
Here he is in his puddle. Yes, as usual, he was the only one in it. The only dog that was covered head to tail in mud. He had a wonderful time.
(This pic doesnt even begin to show how dirty he got)

7 comments:

  1. Such a cutie! Seriously, you're a lucky gal for having such an awesome pup.

    And I'm sure he appreciated you letting him roll and dig in the mud on his birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8.3.11

    awww he is sooo adoreable! Happy Birthday Dexter!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "sleeps with atleast one part of him on atleast one part of me at all times." is so cute, my cat does the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Dexter! :) He is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a sponsor giveaway going on at my blog, I would love if you joined in!

    http://mylovelylittlesuitcase.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww...so cute!! Happy birthday, Dexter!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, Happy Birthday Dexter! He's such a cutie

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

par·a·chute

[par-uh-shoot] noun, verb, -chut·ed, -chut·ing.
noun
1.
a folding, umbrellalike, fabric device for allowing a person, to float down safely through the air from a great height.

“But it’s hard to stay mad when there’s so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I’m seeing it all at once and it’s too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that’s about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can’t feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.” — American Beauty