Pages

My wonderful weekend...

4.05.2010

Bryce Lynden
Friday: 
To my surprise I got to get off work early. I had a great day with the kids but it was nice to get home early. The boyfriend left for Eugene with his brother so I was in for an evening to myself. I spent it editing photos and watching girly movies. I also ended up sleeping on the couch. hehe.

Saturday
I woke up early and watched another movie. I edited some more photos and ate pasta for breakfast. Then I went to dance practice, which was great considering I hadnt been in 2 weeks. Then I went home to get ready and I was off to Eugene. 
I got to chat with my mom for a little bit then I was on my way to the boyfriends parents house. We hung out for a while with all of his family. It was really nice. His sister in now in the air force and left the next morning for Germany. So it was really great to see her before she left. Then we went with his brothers and sisters-in-laws to this little dive bar (that I dont care much for) but it was fun with good company. The best part was that I got to meet a fellow photographer, Jamie Jones, that I have been friends with on face book but have never actually met. I "met" her because she married a friend of mine from highschool, Kody, who just happens to be the brother of one of the boyfriends sister-in-laws. Get it? Anyways, she was wonderful. I cant even tell you. It was as if I had paid for a mini mentor session. She is one of the sweetest spirits ive met in a long time. She is generous and encouraging and I learned this all in the first 2 hours of face time. 
Then it was back to my parents house for a mini hot tub sesh with the boyfriend. Then I passed out reading a book in my childhood bedroom.

Sunday: 
I woke up to a call from one of my best friends Andi. We made a plan to hang out and she picked me up an hour later with the little man from the photography above! We went to Cafe Yumm (my fave place ever) and then to her house to hang out with her fiance and sister (also good friends of mine). It had been wayyyy too long and felt like home. 
After a little nap on my parents couch, the boyfriend and I went to his grandmothers house. I simply adore his grandmother. She is teeny tiny and says the sweetest things you could think of. I just love his wonderful, never ending family. They are so great.
We then went back to my families dinner and ate even more. And visted for just a little longer. 
I ofcourse slept for most of the drive home while the wonderful boyfriend drove in silence. Poor thing. But we ended the night, and weekend, with some relaxing cuddling and some Wonder Years! 

How was your weekend?

5 comments:

  1. Lovely weekend!

    Mine was good! My birthday is this wednesday so we celebrated over the weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome weekend! I love your blog. :)

    lauren
    lrstewart0711.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! Ours was full of family, too much food, and craft time. Busy busy but fun:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man this sounds great Lacey! You got a bit of everything in there.

    I posted about my weekend, but suffice it to say I had a MAJOR breakthrough as I was around twin four-year-old boys for almost a day and survived. I'm definitely not used to being around rugrats so this was life-changing. Not life-changing enough to make me want my own however.

    The one thing that stands out for me in this post is how well (at least it sounds like) you and the boyfriend get along with each others' families. It's so important. From my experience the trick to keeping everyone's sanity is for the mothers to be happy. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is amazing. I'm in love ! J'adore !! I'm definitely following you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

par·a·chute

[par-uh-shoot] noun, verb, -chut·ed, -chut·ing.
noun
1.
a folding, umbrellalike, fabric device for allowing a person, to float down safely through the air from a great height.

“But it’s hard to stay mad when there’s so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I’m seeing it all at once and it’s too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that’s about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can’t feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.” — American Beauty