Pages

Blue Valentine.

5.11.2011


So I just watched Blue Valentine. I hated it. Most of it. I will bitch slap the person that suggested it to me. I love love stories. This was great at times, miserable at others. It hit too close to home with the negative ends of my last relationship. But, I love both of these actors so so much and can appreciate the wonderful job that they did with this. 
The part that made watching this all worth it? This wonderful quote from Ryan Goslings character Dean.

"I feel like men are more romantic than women. When we get married we marry, like, one girl, 'cause we're resistant the whole way until we meet one girl and we think I'd be an idiot if I didn't marry this girl she's so great. But it seems like girls get to a place where they just kinda pick the best option... 'Oh he's got a good job.' I mean they spend their whole life looking for Prince Charming and then they marry the guy who's got a good job and is gonna stick around. "

I have thought this many times before but have never been able to word it so perfectly. I think this is so and too often true.

6 comments:

  1. I kind of have to agree with you! I went to see it the week it came out in the theatres with a bunch of friends and it was not what I expected at all! I once worked with Michelle Williams on "Dawson's Creek" and I am a huge fan of Ryan Goslling, plus he is super nice in person, so, was even more excited to see it, but the movie disappointed me and I was lift thinking...huh, what?!? That said, nice quote choice from the movie and I think you are right there too...so often true!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgaa I was JUST talking to a friend who watched it and said it was awful. that stinks bc I love both of them and heard it was supposed to be great. they said it just drug on and on and on.....guess I can mark that of my Redbox list

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that quote. I've put off watching this movie cause I heard it was so emotionally challenging... I wonder if I should watch it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha ha i love your comment about bitch slapping the person that suggested the movie to you. i haven't heard that before. i think i will start using it now. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wanted to see this. i'm sad to hear it wasn't that good. oh well.
    Xo

    http://ericplustanya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous21.5.11

    I couldn't agree more! thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

par·a·chute

[par-uh-shoot] noun, verb, -chut·ed, -chut·ing.
noun
1.
a folding, umbrellalike, fabric device for allowing a person, to float down safely through the air from a great height.

“But it’s hard to stay mad when there’s so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I’m seeing it all at once and it’s too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that’s about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can’t feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.” — American Beauty