Pages

oh brother!

2.03.2011

Still my favorite photo Ive ever taken of my brother.

So, my little brother has "moved in" with me. Not permanently, just until he figures out his next move. He hasnt really found his way yet and I am hoping to help him out a little. I hope that him leaving Eugene and getting a glimpse of Portland will help him to see that there are a lot more options out there. Eugene can be a bit of a suck hole. I never made any real moves until I left, it really is hard. So far he hasnt left my apartment much, which isnt his fault. Its a hard town to navigate and I have been working the whole time. I however have friday off and plan to show him the ropes.

So far he has been a big help with Dexter. Not having to crate Puppy while I leave is so wonderful. Plus my brother is such a dog person, he has taken to his new role of puppy sitter very well. Other than that we have done a lot of movie watching together and late night snacking. It is really nice getting to know him a little more. We havent been as close as I would have like the past few years. However, it is getting dangerously close to fire time. He is not just crashing with me for shits and giggles. He needs to start getting a plan together and making some moves. I am open to any and all suggestions that you may have with lighting a fire under ones ass.

Any tips, stories or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. I love him and his company, but this aint no soup kitchen.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3.2.11

    he's handsome lol

    Well I think you should sit down and talk to him. Tell him that you are willing to support him but he needs to have a plan. Say it in a nice way and let him know that you care about him and want him to succeed and make the most of life. Don't let him feel like you are enabling him so that he won't expect you to be his comfort zone.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out www.coolworks.com - so many cool jobs in cool places and ALOT of times they have employee housing with the job so it a good transition for people night quite ready to have a place of their own. If not there.. traveling always gives you perspective- tell him to save up and buy a plane ticket to go somewhere new. Good luck.. Hi Bro!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

par·a·chute

[par-uh-shoot] noun, verb, -chut·ed, -chut·ing.
noun
1.
a folding, umbrellalike, fabric device for allowing a person, to float down safely through the air from a great height.

“But it’s hard to stay mad when there’s so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I’m seeing it all at once and it’s too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that’s about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can’t feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.” — American Beauty