Pages

perspective.

8.21.2013

Today...
I found out that the mechanic wants 300 dollars to fix a little hose that is extremely hard to get to.
My back is on fire from a "maintenance" chiropractic adjustment on monday and it was just fine before.
I am so tired for the 8th day in a row that it is hard to simply function.
I have a long todo list that just seems to grow and grow.

Today...
I am grateful that these are my only problems.
I am comforted knowing that things ALWAYS work out for me.
I am hopeful that one more good night of sleep will do the trick.
I know I am exactly where I need to be.

At the height of my stress and feeling overwhelmed about, seemingly, everything, I took a moment to stop. I became overwhelmed with a new feeling, a feeling of gratefulness. Honestly, things are not that bad. I have problems, yes. There are lots of things I have to just buck up and deal with. But in the big beautiful picture, things for me are great. I have everything I truly need and the support, resourcefulness and determination to survive if that ever changed. I am happy. And now I can add that I am proud. Proud of not getting so wrapped up in my problems to miss whats really going on. Im getting tossed the little obstacles and lessons I am meant to deal with today.

Count every beautiful thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?

par·a·chute

[par-uh-shoot] noun, verb, -chut·ed, -chut·ing.
noun
1.
a folding, umbrellalike, fabric device for allowing a person, to float down safely through the air from a great height.

“But it’s hard to stay mad when there’s so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I’m seeing it all at once and it’s too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that’s about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can’t feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.” — American Beauty