Pages

unspoken.

6.22.2012


He didn't say that my music was still too loud, even though I had already turned it down for him. He didn't say the clicks of my mouse were keeping him up, even though I knew they were. I didnt keep working and instead climbed into bed to ease his tossing, even though I wasn't tired. And I didn't move an inch even though his scruff was digging into my shoulder after he curled so gently around me. And as I laid there, next to him, feeling his breath rise and fall behind me, I thought, sometimes there is so much more said when words are unspoken and moves are not made.

3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures you post and the things that you say. I can think of a hundred scenarios to fill between the lines. I hope everything is okay and that this is just creative writing of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again. Love this post! Sometimes unspoken words mean so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cuddling is the best feeling ever. and not saying anything is sometimes better than speaking. you have such a way with words. i can't wait to explore your blog some more:)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

par·a·chute

[par-uh-shoot] noun, verb, -chut·ed, -chut·ing.
noun
1.
a folding, umbrellalike, fabric device for allowing a person, to float down safely through the air from a great height.

“But it’s hard to stay mad when there’s so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I’m seeing it all at once and it’s too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that’s about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can’t feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.” — American Beauty