Pages

Seattle

4.25.2012



Last week I found out that my friend Kevin was going to Seattle for a quick little trip with his friend John. After expressing interest in tagging along I was officially invited and also talked our friend Grady into coming. The boys and I left Saturday morning and after three hours and two naps on my part, we were there! This was my first time really spending anytime in the actual city of Seattle! We lucked out with some beautiful weather too.





 We checked into our hotel in Capitol Hill and set off to Kevin's old apartment building a few blocks away. Kev went to school in Seattle a couple years ago and had left his motorcycle in his old building. We were all shocked and excited when we found it still sitting there with a layer of dust. It all worked out perfectly as Kevins friend was in town with a truck and offered to take his bike back down to Portland for him! How wonderful!


We were then off to get lunch and explore. One thing I love about Kevin is that he is a fellow photo nerd and Grady just got his old 35mm back from a friend and was eager to play around with it. Needless to say, we took tons of photos! 










 It was then time to meet Kev's friend Chris. I had heard a lot about him and was very excited to finally put a face to the name. We met him at his apartment and he took us up to his rooftop patio for some photos and fun. The views were amazing and lighting was perfect. It was so great getting to know my friend's friends, what a beautiful thing.




The rest of the night consisted of dinner at Quinns, drinks and dancing at a few bars and a long (time, not distance wise) walk back to our room. It was so much fun! The next morning Grady and I woke up and walked to the market for coffee and people watching. We met back up with Chris for breakfast at Etta's and more people watching and sun soaking on the grass! All in all it was a spectacular weekend and I cannot wait to go back! 








9 comments:

  1. Lacey, this whole set - and especially the rooftop pictures - just shout "spring is here, and summer soon!" you're so good with that camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Love that font! I want it!
    2) Kevin looks like a babe with his new hair ;)
    3) Grady looks pretty badass too
    4) I love all of it (minus the part where I wasn't there) :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos! Seems like you had so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, yes to all of the above?? I want to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Seattle! Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so jealous of your trip! i wish i lived on the west coast and could take weekend trips to similar cities.

    there's a giveaway on my blog right now, just in case you're interested! http://www.studio336.com/2012/04/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This seems like such an amazing little trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

par·a·chute

[par-uh-shoot] noun, verb, -chut·ed, -chut·ing.
noun
1.
a folding, umbrellalike, fabric device for allowing a person, to float down safely through the air from a great height.

“But it’s hard to stay mad when there’s so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I’m seeing it all at once and it’s too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that’s about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can’t feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.” — American Beauty