Pages

This makes my heart light...

12.15.2009


"And I learned what is obvious to a child. That life is simply a collection of little lives, each lived one day at a time. That each day should be spent finding beauty in flowers and poetry and talking to animals. That a day spent with dreaming and sunsets and refreshing breezes cannot be bettered. But most of all, I learned that life is about sitting on benches next to ancient creeks with my hand on her knee and sometimes, on good days, for falling in love." 
— Nicholas Sparks (from The Notebook)

5 comments:

  1. I love the notebook and I love Nicholas sparks writing. This warms my heart too. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little excerpt!
    By the by, you are so cute, Miss Lacey!
    Thanks for following.
    ;]

    <3 Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the little things that make life amazing!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO beautiful. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous16.12.09

    my favorite all time movie. great excerpt from it.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

par·a·chute

 [par-uh-shoot] noun, verb, -chut·ed, -chut·ing.
noun
1.
a folding, umbrellalike, fabric device for allowing a person, to float down safely through the air from a great height.

“But it’s hard to stay mad when there’s so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I’m seeing it all at once and it’s too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that’s about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can’t feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.” — American Beauty